[syslog-ng]Catch All Statement

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:17:03 -0700

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 02:26:51PM -0700, Doug Peterson wrote:
> Thanks Nate -- I'm not sure this applies to me though.
> While yes that catches all specified levels, I was
> hoping to utilize the fallback flag. My understanding
> is that the fallback flag takes anything that hasn't
> been logged up until the log statement in which the
> fallback flag is in, gets logged to whatever
> destination you specify.
>
> Does the fallback flag do what I want? Also, I've read
> the descriptions of the "catchall" flag, but I don't
> fully understand it.. should I be using that instead?

Q: How can I filter messages so that only not-already-routed lines will
be routed/filtered again?

A: This is a catchall statement, and should catch all messages which
were not accepted any of the previous statements.

 log { source(src); filter(DEFAULT); destination(dst); };

<URL:http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/faq.html#catchall>

Look at the "final" log flag to stop at that point/line and not log the
message again.

<URL:http://www.balabit.com/products/syslog_ng/reference/logpath.html#AEN155>
--
Nate Campi    http://www.campin.net