[syslog-ng]Template configuration problem

Achim Gsell syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 22:53:55 +0200

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 21:01, Jan-Peter Koopmann wrote:

> > I had a problem similar to this on one of my FreeBSD servers.
> > There was a patch for the syslog-ng port that disabled the
> > template option. Make sure that you do NOT have the file
> > patch-cfg-lex.l in your files directory under the syslog-ng
> > port tree. Instead you should see patch-cfg-grammer.h (and a
> > couple of other valid patches)
>
> Nevertheless your hint was perfect! I have no idea why but the template
> keywords were indeed disabled by some kind of patch. I removed work and
> recompiled everything and somehow this time it worked. Maybe the port
> changed over night or something like that. Well anyhow... Thanks a lot!

I checked your configuration file and it passed the syntax check on my Linux
box without any problems. That the template keywords are disabled by some
kind of patch was also my first idea. But I couldn't check this due to a
missing FreeBSD test system.

Achim