[syslog-ng]include file feature?

Ed Ravin eravin@panix.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:59:27 -0500 (EST)

Ardo van Rangelrooij writes:
>I've taken a different more flexible approach (based on what's become common
>practice in the Debian GNU/Linux distribution: I've created a directory called
> 'syslog-ng.d' [...]
>    cat syslog-ng.d/* >syslog-ng.conf
> upon a start and reload.

It's nice to be flexible, but I think the init.d paradigm, which
relies on tricks of alphabetical filename sorting to enforce order
at the expense of readability and managability, should be retired,
not expanded.

The joy of syslog-ng is that it has a clean, readable, and predictable
configuration file.  An extension for reading in include files would
hopefully preserve those attributes.