[syslog-ng]include file feature?

Ardo van Rangelrooij avrangelrooij@lucent.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:57:40 -0600

Hi,

I've taken a different more flexible approach (based on what's become common
practice in the Debian GNU/Linux distribution:  I've created a directory called
'syslog-ng.d' and in that directory I've put syslog-ng configuration file
sniplets.  The basis set consists of the following:

  - one containing a comment header
  - one for global options
  - one for syslog-ng itself (using internal())
  - one for using localhost as source
  - one containing a comment trailer

order.  In the syslog-ng start-stop script I then do

   cat syslog-ng.d/* >syslog-ng.conf

upon a start and reload.  Any application that has logging needs just puts the
appropriate configuration sniplet in the syslog-ng.d directory and does a reload
of syslog-ng.  Updating a sniplet goes similar.

Thanks,
Ardo