[syslog-ng] syslog-ng crashes

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:44:10 +0200

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 10:24:20AM +0200, Yan DENET wrote:
> Well, I use the last version of Syslog-ng (1.5.18).
> Well it looks as if syslog-ng was crashing itself and then all programs
> that are usually logged via syslog-ng are unable to perform their own
> actions (that's why ssh doesn't work anymore)...
> In some words, it looks like syslog-ng was becoming blocking for all
> applications.

Hmm.. nobody else reported such problems on syslog-ng 1.5.18. I'd need
an strace of the syslog-ng process, or something that leads me to the
solution.

syslog-ng seems to be blocking on something which it shouldn't have. The
only possibility I see right now is DNS. Try use_dns(no) in your global
options, or limit access to your syslog port.