[syslog-ng]Well, I use the last version of Syslog-ng (1.5.18). Well it looks as if syslog-ng was crashing itself and then all programsthat are usually logged via syslog-ng are unable to perform their ownactions (that's why ssh doesn't work anymore)... In some words, it looks like syslog-ng was becoming blocking for allapplications.On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 10:28, Balazs Scheidler wrote:> On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 10:23:24AM +0200, Yan DENET wrote:> > Hi all,> > > > Some quite strange things have happened in my network since i set up my> > syslog-ng as a log centralizer...> > Actually, when launched, my syslog-ng ends up to grab all resources of> > the machine on which it's installed. Then, no way to ssh to it...> > It's really strange cause normally, syslog-ng should use only very few> > resources... like syslog !> > Whereas with syslog, everything goes well..> > > > Don't know what's happening. Could somebody help me ?> > we can't help you unless you provide more information. which version are you> using, and what do you mean it ate up all resources?> > does it eat memory, or use all cpu cycles or?> > -- > Bazsi> PGP info: KeyID 9AF8D0A9 Fingerprint CD27 CFB0 802C 0944 9CFD 804E C82C 8EB1

Yan DENET ydenet@medisante.com
24 Jun 2002 10:24:20 +0200

--=-HdLZk706mq104fUrXXJP

Well, I use the last version of Syslog-ng (1.5.18).=20
Well it looks as if syslog-ng was crashing itself and then all programs
that are usually logged via syslog-ng are unable to perform their own
actions (that's why ssh doesn't work anymore)...=20
In some words, it looks like syslog-ng was becoming blocking for all
applications.

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 10:28, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 10:23:24AM +0200, Yan DENET wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >=20
> > Some quite strange things have happened in my network since i set up
my
> > syslog-ng as a log centralizer...
> > Actually, when launched, my syslog-ng ends up to grab all resources
of
> > the machine on which it's installed. Then, no way to ssh to it...
> > It's really strange cause normally, syslog-ng should use only very
few
> > resources... like syslog !
> > Whereas with syslog, everything goes well..
> >=20
> > Don't know what's happening. Could somebody help me ?
>=20
> we can't help you unless you provide more information. which version
are you
> using, and what do you mean it ate up all resources?
>=20
> does it eat memory, or use all cpu cycles or?
>=20
> --=20
> Bazsi
> PGP info: KeyID 9AF8D0A9 Fingerprint CD27 CFB0 802C 0944 9CFD 804E
C82C 8EB1
--=20

--=-HdLZk706mq104fUrXXJP

--=-HdLZk706mq104fUrXXJP--