[syslog-ng]Strange behaviour in syslog-ng file creation.

Nate Campi nate@campin.net
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:09:10 -0700

--xaMk4Io5JJdpkLEb

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 06:02:43PM +0200, Luca Villani wrote:
>=20
> First, I'm sorry: I'm afraid my english is very poor. :-|

Don't worry, my italian is worse, even though I have an italian name ;)

> Actually we run a medium log server, with a dozen of host logging on=20
> it via tcp. syslog-ng is 1.4.15, OS is Linux RedHat 7.2.
> We find some trouble in file creation: we want syslog-ng create files=20
> with an user, a group and a bitmask, but it fail in bitmap setting=20
> for some files and do it successfuly for other files.

I'd look at the umask for the syslog-ng process. When a file is created
and tries to set certain perms, UNIX will only allow those perms if the
umask allows it.
--=20
You can have cheap, fast, or good: pick two.

--xaMk4Io5JJdpkLEb

--xaMk4Io5JJdpkLEb--