[syslog-ng]Installing syslog-ng in AIX 4.3.3

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:10:16 +0200

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 11:10:16AM +0100, Deepu George wrote:
> Hi
>
>  Thanks . I got the syslog-ng installed on AIX. I
> installed bison and flex.
>
> One more help like sun-streams for Solaris what does
> AIX use for log.

quoting from file INSTALL:

  AIX (unknown revision)

  AIX does support STREAMS, but its log transport doesn't use it. As it
  seems /dev/log is a simple unix socket, though I can't find out whether
  it uses SOCK_DGRAM or SOCK_STREAM semantics.

I'd be grateful if you could tell me which one applies (unix-dgram or
unix-stream), so I can update the INSTALL file.