[syslog-ng]Strang behaviour of syslog-ng (and my program)

Antai Ning aning@jetnet.ca
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:30:03 -0400

Hi Bazsi,

Thanks for your reply first of all!  And sorry for the second email in HTML
secondly. This one should be ok (I tested :-). Ok, let's go to the point.

I've never used strace but I'll try it.

Yes, my program is using buffer and actually that's the first thing I
checked. But I'm pretty sure it's not there.

This is somewhat related to pipe openning. If I make sure syslog-ng opens
the pipe before my program, then everything is OK. The code in my program is
something like this:
        .
        .
initializing
        .
        .
while(1)
{
        open pipe       #block here until syslog-ng open the pipe
        while(1)
        {
                select on the pipe      #block here until the pipe is ready
for read or timeout (5 sec)
                next if timeout
                last if other side close the pipe       #jump out the loop
and try to open pipe again

                read and process the message    #normal
        }
}