[syslog-ng]possible bug in syslog-ng with logrotate?

greg whorley gwhorley@mail.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:47:08 -0500

I edited my log rotate conf file on RH 7.2 so that it will rotate/gzip the custom log names I have given for the normal logs (i.e. messages is now big.log and maillog is mail.log). A couple days ago, the log rotator did it's job and rotated/gzipped the logs. However, no new logs appeared. I noticed this two days after the rotation. I restarted syslog-ng and they started filling up again. Does anyone know why this may have happened?

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!
http://www.nowcode.com/register.asp?affiliate=1net2phone3a