[syslog-ng]syslogd logging to syslog-ng.

Yan Lau ylau@globix.net
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:47:52 -0500

I've set up a server with syslog-ng.  It works find for local messages.

On another server I'm running the syslogd that came with the system (Solaris).

I've tried to set up the old syslogd server to forward messages to the syslog-ng
server.  However, I can not get it to work.

For instance, I have under the old syslog.conf:

user.notice                                     @log.globix.net

In debug mode it shows:

writemsg(6): Logging msg 'Jan 29 14:26:27 ylau: hi there' to FORW log.globix.net

However, when I truss syslog-ng with -dv options, it doesn't receive anything.

I'd rather not have to install syslog-ng on all the servers.

Yan.

(I speak for myself only)