[syslog-ng]Re: A question on syslog-ng

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:19:51 +0100

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 01:12:49AM -0800, Subodh Nijsure wrote:
> Is there any way in syslog-ng to stop logging of message once it has
> been logged to "a destination".
>
> I am getting say ftpd messsages logged in ftpd.log file as well as my catch
> all
> entries I want to configure things such that they get logged only once.

1. use negative filters

2. in the 1.5.x tree you have the following flags on destinations you could use
   for this purpose:

                <entry>final</entry>
                <entry>
                  This flag means that the processing of log
                  statements ends here. Note that this doesn't
                  necessarily mean that matching messages will be
                  stored once, as they can be matching log statements
                  processed prior the current one.
                </entry>
              </row>
              <row>
                <entry>fallback</entry>
                <entry>
                  This flag makes a log statement 'fallback'. Being a fallback
                  statement means that only messages not matching any
                  'non-fallback' log statements will be dispatched.
                </entry>
              </row>
              <row>
                <entry>catchall</entry>
                <entry>
                  This flag means that the source of the message
                  is ignored, only the filters are taken into
                  account when matching messages.
                </entry>
              </row>