[syslog-ng]first day of month bug?

Alex Howansky alex@wankwood.com
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 16:47:25 -0600 (CST)

(libol-0.2.23, syslog-ng 1.4.14)

In my configuration, I have a destination defined like this:

destination d_app { file("/var/log/app/$YEAR$MONTH$DAY"); };

This is a wonderful feature, as it gives me a sort of "automatic rotation" of
logfiles. However, there seems to be a bug that occurs on the first of every
month. If I look in the /var/log/app directory, I'll see files like:

20010201
20020101
20020102
20020103
[...]
20020129
20020130
20020131
20020201
20020202

Note that first file, stamped with 2001 instead of 2002. It actually contains
entries that should have gone into 20020201. The entries in 20010201 all occur
within the first hour of the day. It's as if the value of $YEAR is off by one
during the first hour of the first day of a month.

I tried searching the archives, no luck. Is this a know issue? Should I go to
the 1.5 branch?

--
Alex Howansky
Wankwood Associates