[syslog-ng]syslog-ng 1.4.7 crashing randomly

Adam Steffes asteffes@asteffes.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:05:43 -0700

I'm running syslog-ng 1.4.7 on a Solaris 7 machine which acts as a middleman
for my production servers and main log repository server.  It crashes
without warning, without logging any problems beforehand, and often requires
several attempts at restarts before staying up. Time between crashes seems
random; it will go for a few days, die, require ten restarts in five minutes
to keep it up, then run for another week before having any problems.

'gdb' says it's dying from a SIGKILL but I don't have anything running on
the machine that would send it any such flags.

Any ideas what is going on here?

I found two messages in the archives from Oct. 2001 asking similar
questions, but no resolutions:

Nicholas Berry nberry@ragingwire.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:10:13 -0700

  a.. I too am having the same issue with crashing under Solaris 8 with
  syslog-ng 1.5.10, but my crashes happen several hours between each
  other.

  Nicholas Berry			RagingWire Telecommunications, Inc.
  Systems Engineer		2710 Gateway Oaks-South, Suite 300
  nberry@ragingwire.com		Sacramento, CA 95833
  http://www.ragingwire.com	Tel: 916.286.4048 Fax: 916.921.4048