[syslog-ng]Installing on a non-compiler system

Clausing, James A (Jim), SOLCM jac@att.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:56:42 -0400

	I build packages to do this all the time (the only way I'll do it).
I would be happy to share my Makefile (which gunzips, untars, configures,
makes, installs, and pkgmks).  I haven't yet added the logic to it to also
build & install libol, but I only have that installed on my
development/build systems, not where syslog-ng is actually deployed.

---Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicholas Berry [mailto:nberry@ragingwire.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 11:26 AM
To: syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Subject: RE: [syslog-ng]Installing on a non-compiler system

You could build syslog-ng in a Solaris pkg format, but I'm not sure how
much of a problem you would have installing the package on your Solaris
2.6 system (might not have a problem if you're up-to-date with the
recommended patch cluster).

Nicholas Berry
Systems Engineer
RagingWire Telecommunications, Inc.