[syslog-ng]syslog-ng

Michael Earls Michael.Earls@chmcc.org
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 14:36:52 -0400

i never ran into that problem on debian,  i did have have it working
to log to mysql,. but i was using mysql / pipe to enter stuff in the
table, but the mysql client would die, for some unknow reason,  that
is why i am looking at a differnet way to set it up, and i need
advise/help

thanks

michael

www.vermeer.org

	-----Original Message-----
From: AGehring@bis.adp.com
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 2:28 PM
To: "'syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu'" <syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu>
Subject: RE: [syslog-ng]syslog-ng

	I don't see how adding the ability for syslog ng to write to a
database (SQL
based)
is any more different/difficult the allowing it to write to a file...

	We've modified it to natively write to Sybase...

	The problem with external programs, at least in our case, was
that we would
end up having
20+ process running to get the data where we needed it....

	Andrew