[syslog-ng]Random crashes with version 1.5.10 under Linux.

Stephane Enten tuf@mmania.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:56:14 +0200

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 05:06:26PM +0200, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
 > On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 12:33:59PM +0200, Stephane Enten wrote:
 > > I'm experiencing weird crashes with the mentioned version
 > > of syslog-ng running on Linux.
 > >
 > > Syslog-ng starts fine and without any warning/error, but
 > > within minutes it crashes with signal 11 (segfault) or 6
 > > (aborted).
 > >
 > > Running syslog-ng with -d shows this error before crash:
 > >
 > > ol_object_check: Type error!
 > >
 > > I've been running it in debug and with strace logs for days
 > > no but haven't found anything obvious.
 > >
 > > Does anyone already got this behaviour ?
 >
 > 1.5.x is development version, so it might crash. first you should try the
 > latest development version (1.5.10 currently), and if the error occurs there
 > too, you could send me a detailed bug report.

I'm already running the 1.5.10 version (as mentionned in subject), so I'll try
the debugging way.

 > (compile libol & syslog-ng with ./configure --with-debug, let it core out,
 >  and send me a backtrace using gdb backtrace command)

The libol and syslog-ng have been recompiled with --with-debug and I'll send
the result when/if it crashes again.

	Stephane