[syslog-ng]Random crashes with version 1.5.10 under Linux.

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 17:06:26 +0200

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 12:33:59PM +0200, Stephane Enten wrote:
> I'm experiencing weird crashes with the mentioned version
> of syslog-ng running on Linux.
>
> Syslog-ng starts fine and without any warning/error, but
> within minutes it crashes with signal 11 (segfault) or 6
> (aborted).
>
> Running syslog-ng with -d shows this error before crash:
>
> ol_object_check: Type error!
>
> I've been running it in debug and with strace logs for days
> no but haven't found anything obvious.
>
> Does anyone already got this behaviour ?

1.5.x is development version, so it might crash. first you should try the
latest development version (1.5.10 currently), and if the error occurs there
too, you could send me a detailed bug report.

(compile libol & syslog-ng with ./configure --with-debug, let it core out,
 and send me a backtrace using gdb backtrace command)