[syslog-ng]Slow capturing syslog

Chee Chew cheechew@hotmail.com
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:32:58 -0800

I tested with kiwi syslog generator and I found either syslog-ng or syslogd
is putting the log into file destination very slow at fastest exactly 10sec
per log. At the rest of the log is queue in buffer. If syslog-ng were to run
in environment that has log input with consistently 1 log per second, this
will not work even we set the buffer large. Also not real time.

I believe this is something to do with the synchronisation of SOCK_STREAM
socket because I am using linux. Do you know how to fine tune this.

Regards