[syslog-ng]-HUP to 1.4.11 doesn't close file descriptors?

Adrian Chung adrian@enfusion-group.com
Tue, 1 May 2001 13:26:52 -0400

Hi all, I'm noticing some strange behaviour with syslog-ng 1.4.11 and
libol 0.2.21.

I've got named running in a chroot'd environment, with it's own
/var/named/dev/log.  Syslog-ng is configured to use both /dev/log and
/var/named/dev/log as unix-stream sources, with output going to
/var/daemon.log.

When I logrotate the /var/log/daemon.log file, logging from named
completely stops.  It doesn't appear anywhere.  Even after sending HUP
signals to both named and syslog-ng.

The only way that logging resumes is if I completely kill and restart
syslog-ng.

Seems like syslog-ng isn't flushing it's file handles?

--
  Adrian Chung - adrian@enfusion-group.com
  http://www.enfusion-group.com/~adrian