[syslog-ng]syslog-ng 1.5.5 compilation trouble

Ohrberg, Mick Mick.Ohrberg@umb.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:13:59 -0600

Hmm, Maybe I'm just messing up horribly on this wonderful Friday morning. I
can't compile syslog-ng 1.5.5!

checking whether to enable Sun STREAMS support... yes
checking whether to enable Sun door support... yes
checking libol version >= 0.2.22... ./configure: !: not found
ok
updating cache ./config.cache

Woah there! I DO have libol 0.2.22 installed! I found a problem in my
configure... Anyone else run into this problem? Instead of doing

if ! test -x ...

I changed it to

if [ ! -x ... ]; do

in a few select places. That gets the configure through. I still can't
compile though.

# make
Making all in src
make  all-recursive
Making all in .
make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `nscache.h'
Current working directory /root/Projects/syslog-ng-1.5.5/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /root/Projects/syslog-ng-1.5.5/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive-am'
Current working directory /root/Projects/syslog-ng-1.5.5/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Am I just being really stupid? *scratches head* Let me know if anyone have
this problem and if there's a patch to fix it. :)

Thanks all!

Regards,

--
Mick Öhrberg
Open Systems Administrator, UMB Bank na [NYSE:UMBF]