[syslog-ng]1.4.11 fixes SIGHUP problems?

John_Delisle@ceridian.ca John_Delisle@ceridian.ca
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:33:35 -0600

I'm not sure thats a bug, it may be a feature actually.  If you look at
/var/log/messages, theres an entry saying the new config is bad, and
syslog-ng will continue running with the old config.  This prevents lost
syslog messages.

John Delisle
Corporate Technology
Ceridian Canada Ltd
204-975-5909

                    jon@dumbo.pobox.com
                    Sent by:                      To:     syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
                    syslog-ng-admin@lists.        cc:
                    balabit.hu                    Subject:     Re: [syslog-ng]1.4.11 fixes SIGHUP problems?

                    2001/03/12 11:21 AM
                    Please respond to
                    syslog-ng

i noticed one problem.
if the configuration file is broken to the point syslog-ng will not start,
HUP does not notice this

ie.
if you forget a semicolon somewhere
kill -HUP syslog-ng-pid works w/o erros