[syslog-ng]Question...

Simeon Johnston simeonuj@eetc.com
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 20:59:59 -0600

    I am setting up a bunch of computers to send there logs to a
logserver.  I have it set up pretty well and finally figured out the
network issue.  Everything works great.
    I was wondering about how daemons send there logs to
syslog/syslog-ng.  Do all daemons send there logs through the
kernel/klogd or do some of them send there logs directly to syslog?  If
I stop syslog will they start to send them to syslog-ng?

    Also I am having trouble with the rules for syslog-ng.conf.  If I
tell it to send everything with a priority of emerg through debug it
should send everything right?  I am not receiving some logs that are
being picked up by syslog.  Do some logs not have a priority?
    How do I tell syslog-ng just to send everything to the logserver?
No filters?  It might not work too well because of the volume of logs
but I would like to try it.

BTW
Is there going to be an updated manual anytime soon?  The current one is
not very helpfull.

sim