[syslog-ng]syslog-ng / logcheck

Simeon Johnston simeonuj@eetc.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:58:10 -0500

colette tostivint wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> I setup a syslog server and upgrade it with syslog-ng for logging lot of
> firewall pix and routeurs. I use a script Logcheck-1.1.1 to send me the most
> important logs. Is syslog-ng compatible with logcheck ??? I don't believe.
> Thanks

The logcheck script must be reconfigured for your specific logfile setup.
Simply edit the logcheck.sh file and find the lines that start with $LOGTAIL.
These specify where the logs are that you want to be checked.
Logcheck is preconfigured for the stock Redhat logfile setup.  If your setup
differs from this at all it will not work correctly because it is looking for
the wrong files.

HTH,
sim