[syslog-ng]syslog on a dec ev6 (es 40) with osf 4.0f?

Daan Hoogland daan@onecht.net
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:37:08 +0200 (CEST)

Does anyone have any experience? I try to make this work with gcc and with
cxx (from compaq), but neither does. The cxx version cores on startup. The
gcc 2.95.2 version starts with 4 alignement messages, and then only
reports internal messages and no udp. It also cores when i send it a HUP,
after it has said to have reinitialized.

I think it is only in compiler options but really haven't a clue. I tried
1.4.11 and 1.5.7. Compiling with -Wcast-align gives warnings on socket
operations where a sockaddr_in is used as a sockaddr.

Is there an explanation/man/info file for the mechanism with the .x files?

tia