[syslog-ng]DNS Caching

Gregor Binder gbinder@sysfive.com
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:57:07 +0100

Gaël Roualland on Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 01:50:59PM +0100:

Gaël,

> I'd be glad to know what you think of it and if it can be intregated in
> the main release (it might need some work to fit nicer than now).

I think this is a very good idea, assuming you are in an environment
where DNS caching helps more than it does harm :) Which should be the
case for most distributed logging setups.

You should definitely implement a boolean option for turning this on and
off in the configuration file, and add directives for cache size and
expiry time as well.

Regards,
  Gregor.

--
Gregor Binder  <gregor.binder@sysfive.com>  http://sysfive.com/~gbinder/
sysfive.com GmbH               UNIX. Networking. Security. Applications.