[syslog-ng]Solaris8 64-bit compile

Ohrberg, Mick Mick.Ohrberg@umb.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 07:50:59 -0600

Hello all.

I'm having a bit of compilation difficulties, trying to compile syslog-ng
1.4.14 on Solaris 8, 64-bit edition.

----------[snip]----------
gcc  -O2 -Wall -I/usr/local/include/libol -D_GNU_SOURCE -lfl -o syslog-ng
main.o sources.o center.o filters.o destinations.o log.o cfgfile.o
cfg-grammar.o cfg-lex.o affile.o afsocket.o afunix.o afinet.o afinter.o
afuser.o afstreams.o afprogram.o utils.o syslog-names.o getopt.o getopt1.o
-lpthread -ldoor   /usr/local/lib/libol.a -lsocket -lnsl -lxnet
ld: warning: file /usr/local/lib/libfl.a(libmain.o): wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS64Undefined                       first referenced
yywrap                              cfg-lex.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to syslog-ng
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

That is, I BELIEVE it's related to the libfl.a library and incompatibility
with 64-bit mode, per above? Libol compiled without a hitch. It seems yywrap
is missing from libfl.a. Anyone had the same problem and know how to get
around it?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Regards,

--
Mick Öhrberg
Open Systems Administrator, UMB Bank na [NYSE:UMBF]