[syslog-ng]time_reopen, continuous reconnects, and syslog-ng1.4.10 - 1.4.12.

matthew.copeland@honeywell.com matthew.copeland@honeywell.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 22:40:59 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 01:22:30AM +0000, Ramji Chandramouli wrote:
> > This sounds a lot like a problem I was running into when the server syslog-ng
> > died and I could not get the client syslog-ng to try to reconnect.
> >
> > I made the following change to
> > afinet.c.
> >
> > In the function do_init_afinet_dest(),
> >
> >         if (self->conn_fd) {
> >                 return ST_OK | ST_GOON;
> >         }
> >         else {
> >                 werror("Error creating AF_INET socket (%z)\n", strerror(errno));
> >
> > +                 io_callout(self->cfg->backend,
> > +                     self->cfg->time_reopen,
> > +                           make_driver_reinit(&self->super.super.super,
> > self->cfg));
> >         }
> >
> > Once I added this io_callout(), I was able to get it working in my set-up.
> > I hope this helps.
>
> Could someone please test this patch? If it fixes the problem I'm willing to
> include it.

This patch did not solve my problem at least.  It might solve someone
elses problem though.  Does anyone have any other ideas on how to solve
the client reconnect problem?

Thanks for all the help,

Matthew M. Copeland