[syslog-ng]perm and dir_perm not working?

Brian E. Seppanen seppy@chartermi.net
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 13:31:29 -0400 (EDT)

I had something similar happen.  I wanted my dir perms to be -rw-r----
(640), and they would always be (644).  I edited my
/etc/rc.d/init.d/syslog-ng start up script (substitute your flavor of
unixes start up script here)  edit the umask in the startup script and you
should be good to go.  In my start up script 037 is my umask.  I just
included the following in my startup script

umask 037

Hope that helps.

> I've been trying without any luck to have syslog-ng create dirs with 755
> and files with 644 permissions.  I've used the following line:

Brian Seppanen
Charter Communications
Regional Data Center				906-228-4226 ext 23
Marquette, MI					seppy@chartermi.net