[syslog-ng]Linux boxes periodically stop logging?

James Snow snow@teardrop.org
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 14:50:17 -0400

I apologize for the lack of technical detail in this post, but, for the
moment I'm just trying to ascertain if I or my syslog-ng config are on
drugs.

Basically, I have a mixed array of Linux (RedHat 6.2 & 7) and FreeBSD
(4.2-S) machines on which I'm running syslog-ng and logging to a central
host. (FreeBSD 4.2-S)

The problem is that the Linux boxes periodically stop logging. If I send
the daemon a HUP, it comes back to life and data starts flowing again,
but any log messages that would have appeared while the daemon was hosed
are gone.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Thanks in advance,
-Snow