[syslog-ng]Syslog Logging Delay

Chad C. Walstrom chewie@wookimus.net
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 10:28:51 -0500

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 11:31:19AM -0400, Brian E. Seppanen wrote:

> > You may try to use klogd, and use that to direct kernel logs to syslog-=
ng.
>=20
> There's no way for me to say this without sounding like a complete
> idiot, but I thought klogd needed to be running to direct messages
> to /proc/kmesg, which syslog-ng would then read?

Don't beat yourself up.  Technology moves so quickly sometimes that
its hard to keep it all straight.  The Linux kernel is certainly
"guilty" of this.  If you don't keep up with LKML or at least read all
the changelog files, you'll never really understand all the nuances of
the evolving OS.  Let us know if your problem clears up. ;-)  If
anything, you've pointed out something that might be good to note in
the FAQ or the INSTALL docs.

--=20
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Key fingerprint =3D B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm--