[syslog-ng]Syslog Logging Delay

Brian E. Seppanen seppy@chartermi.net
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:31:19 -0400 (EDT)

> You may try to use klogd, and use that to direct kernel logs to syslog-ng.

There's no way for me to say this without sounding like a complete idiot,
but I thought klogd needed to be running to direct messages to
/proc/kmesg, which syslog-ng would then read?  If this isn't the case then
for all I know I've been creating contention for that file by having both
syslog-ng reading from it as well as having klogd running.  There may be
no trouble with syslog-ng other than my ignorance.  I've stopped klogd
and I'll see if I still get kernel messages, thankfully it won't take
long as we usually see a bad ICMP packet or two during the day which the
kernel logs.

Thanks,

Brian Seppanen
Charter Communications
Regional Data Center				906-228-4226 ext 23
Marquette, MI					seppy@chartermi.net