[syslog-ng]syslog-ng and Solaris

Hamilton, Andrew Mr. HamiltonA@hq.5sigcmd.army.mil
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:02:33 +0200

Depending on what you are using to log on the client, you can use the
existing syslogd or syslog-ng for your client.  I do a little of both.  You
can do a man of syslogd and syslogd.conf and that will give you pretty much
all the format for the file and the way it works.  Basically to forward
logging to a loghost you just do something like:

local0.info		@loghost.mydomain.com

That will send facility local0, level info messages to the loghost.  And you
do similar things for the other facilities you want to forward.

For syslog-ng you just set up a destination with a hostname:

destination d_loghost {host("loghost.mydomain.com"); };

then your log statement:

log { source(src); filter(f_local0); filter(f_info); destination(d_loghost);
};

Hope that helps.
Drew