[syslog-ng] syslog-ng & forwarding

Hamilton, Andrew Mr. HamiltonA@hq.5sigcmd.army.mil
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:09:10 +0100

I am using syslog-ng 1.4.0rc3 at this time (I do have 1.4.0 but haven't
implemented it yet), on Solaris 7 from a Sun SPARC machine.  I am trying to
forward my logs from one machine through another and log them on a third
machine.  There is a reason I do this and it is necessary that I do it this
way.  However, my question is this:

How do I keep it from putting the middle machine's hostname on it?

I assumed that chain_hostnames(no) option would do it but it doesn't work
the way I would have expected.  When I used chain_hostnames(no) I got
something like:

"Mar  8 08:35:41 mhost host hamilton: Testing..."

When I used chain_hostnames(yes) I got something like:

"Mar  8 08:38:17 mhost host/host hamilton: Testing..."

Any ideas?  Or is this just not possible?

Andrew Hamilton
mailto:hamiltona@hq.5sigcmd.army.mil