[syslog-ng] Problems with syslog-ng use over a redireted port inside an SSH s ession

Edwards, David david.edwards@eds.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:36:59 +0930

Hi

Well that's what I would have thought, the child
process _is_ writing the socket but does not recieve
any such signal (or appears not to..)  The child
lives on and when it next writes the socket, the
channel drops and then it dies.

Netcat dies imediately when syslog-ng is HUPPED,
which points again at the script of course..

I'll capture the ssh (openssh 2.1) debug output and
I can post the key bits of the script if you think
it would help?

And I'll add a trap for SIGPIPE.

Thanks for the responce.

ciao
dave
----
Dave Edwards
mailto:david.edwards@eds.com
Ph: +61 8 83015720
EDS Network Support
Glenside,  South Australia
----
PGP Fingerprint: B9C0 AB83 F18B CE88 C167  67B9 6AB2 C630 3DC9 ACC2