[syslog-ng]filter(DEFAULT)

William Yodlowsky wyodlows@andromeda.rutgers.edu
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:37:21 -0500

Hi,

I'm sure I'm missing something... running 1.4.10 with libol-0.2.20

I setup some host filters like this:

filter f_host1 { host("host1"); };
filter f_host2 { host("host2"); };
etc.

Setup some service filters using match()

...and have several log statements for each host.

What I have tried to do is log each service to its own file.  At the
very bottom of the conf file I put:

log { source(src); filter(f_host1); filter(DEFAULT); destination(host1_messages); };
etc. for host2 and host3

and finally another log line with ONLY filter(DEFAULT) for things that
don't get matched at all (which should never happen).

However, what I am seeing appears to be that my host() filters are being
ignored when using the DEFAULT filter with it.  In other words,
unmatched log entries for host2 and host3 are appearing in
host1_messages.

Is that correct behavior?

Thanks in advance.