[syslog-ng]Using File Macros.

Brian E. Seppanen seppy@chartermi.net
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 14:15:01 -0500 (EST)

Hi:

I just got a working config going.  I'm trying to set up my config to auto
create files based on Priority Level.  The files are not being created.
What am I missing?  These are logs from cisco routers that have been
configured to log to this host.

source udp_src {udp();};
destination up.cisco { file("/var/log/cisco/up.cisco.$PRIORITY");};
log { source(udp_src); filter(esc7223); filter(imt7206); destination(up.cisco);$

It was working previously with syslog, and I know that I'd get some output
immediately.

Also does this auto create files?  What is the proper way of shutting down
the daemon?  Will it take -HUP -USR1 or any of the other signals?

Thanks for the help.
Brian Seppanen
Charter Communications
Regional Data Center				906-228-3100 ext 23
Marquette, MI					seppy@chartermi.net