[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 1.1.20 and libol version 0.1.18 released

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Fri, 28 May 1999 21:28:14 +0200

Hi,

I have fixed several bugs and build errors in both syslog-ng and libol. It
compiles cleanly and works for me (tm). It has also been debianized, so it's
available in a debian package as well.

Some of the changes:
* It is now linked statically against libol, so a dynamic version is not
  required for running syslog-ng
* Fixed a few bugs (the emitted loglines contained embedded \0 characters,
  and \n was not always interpreted correctly)
* Added debian control files, and readded .deb packages to the site.

I have personally switched to this release from the standard syslogd on my
computer. So as you can see it's quite stable now.

PGP key: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt, or finger bazsi@balabit.hu