[syslog-ng] syslog-ng and solaris doors again

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 22:39:43 +0200

Hi,

I have digged into low level solaris. I found the followings:

* I receive NULL's in the server procs parameters, because they are sent as
  NULLs. (I've put a breakpoint in _door_call, and after familiarizing
  myself with SPARC assembly, I could find the passed door_arg_t structure,
  and the fields are indeed NULLs.
* Seeing the truss output of the logger program I found that the message is
  also sent to the sun STREAMS device /dev/log

So as it seems the native syslogd receives the message using STREAMS instead
of the door. The reason for this is unknown, maybe if the message is
successfully sent using STREAMS, it is not sent via the DOOR.

I have began implementing the STREAMS driver. (to be exact, I have already
hacked it together, currently trying to compile it)