[syslog-ng] make_class/segv

Rob Cermak cermak@ahab.rutgers.edu
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 08:19:41 -0400 (EDT)

I hit segv's early on.  A patched .24 version works but
as Bazsi and I have found, Sun is playing games again.

Grab and install this package scsh-0.5.1.tar.gz before
compileing libol.  Libol uses scheme shell to do some
what looks like to be object oriented extentions to the
C langugage :)

** Looks like you did this; make sure its in your path
   and that libol knows about it.

# head /usr/local/bin/make_class
#! /usr/local/bin/scsh \
-e main -s

I also got the same message because it wasn't able to
find scsh.

Bazsi sent a message out, which I confirmed, that argp
being sent back from the afdoor fucntion is NULL.

I've been scouring the 'net for syslog_door stuff.  I
haven't come up with anything reasonable yet.

coquille{root}242: gdb ./syslog-ng
GNU gdb 4.17
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.6"...
(gdb) run -f /etc/syslog-ng.conf
Starting program: /h0/cermak/src/syslog-ng-1.1.24/src/./syslog-ng -f
/etc/syslog-ng.conf
[New LWP    2        ]
[New LWP    3        ]
[New LWP    4        ]

** Is this normal?? then I have to hunt to the forked proc id **

Program received signal SIGTERM, Terminated.
0xef6372ec in _pause ()
(gdb) break afdoor_server_proc
Breakpoint 1 at 0x1c3e4: file afdoor.c, line 53.
(gdb) cont
Continuing.

Program exited normally.
(gdb) attach 1043
Attaching to program `/h0/cermak/src/syslog-ng-1.1.24/src/./syslog-ng',
process 1043
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libdoor.so.1
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libxnet.so.1
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libc.so.1
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libmp.so.2
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libthread.so.1
sol-thread active.
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libdoor.so.1
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libxnet.so.1
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libc.so.1
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libmp.so.2
Symbols already loaded for /usr/lib/libthread.so.1
0xef636904 in door_restart ()
(gdb) cont
Continuing.
[New LWP    5        ]

Breakpoint 1, afdoor_server_proc (cookie=0x4d0d0, argp=0x0, arg_size=0,
dp=0x0, n_desc=0) at afdoor.c:53
53              CAST(afdoor_source, handler, cookie);

Messages should be in argp... but that isn't the case.
I confirmed that door_create and fattach were working.

fattach returns a value of 3.

Maybe I'll post a message to our system group to see if
anybody knows more about these doors.

Rob