[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 1.1.24

Jubal Kessler jubal@interq.or.jp
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 17:31:03 +0900 (JST)

Well, I've compiled syslog-ng 1.2.24 along with libol 0.1.19, and still
get the same results as I did with 1.2.22 and 0.1.18. syslog-ng cores
after about 60 seconds. The configuration file works, as I can see four
separate logfiles being generated. It just quits.

Here is the gdb output:

(gdb) run -d -v -f /etc/syslog-ng.conf
Starting program: /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng -d -v -f /etc/syslog-ng.conf
[New LWP    2        ]
[New LWP    3        ]
[New LWP    4        ]
syslog-ng version 1.1.24 starting
[New LWP    5        ]
[New LWP    6        ]

[Switching to LWP    4        ]

0x1a840 in c_vformat_length ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x1a840 in c_vformat_length ()
#1  0x1a7bc in c_format ()
#2  0x19628 in afdoor_server_proc ()

Same thing Rob Cermak noticed with his copy. I'm running Solaris 7.0 --
only difference between his copy and mine is that I am not logging any
internal syslog messages, only those from external hosts.

Also, I had an error when compiling, involving make_class. Strangely
enough it does not occur on a stock compile of 1.2.24, but when I modified
src/afdoor.c with the if (argp) { .. }, I get the "make_class: not found"
error. The file afdoor.c.x is 0 bytes. I copied over a complete
src/afdoor.c.x file (548 bytes) from the stock install dir and the compile
works. scsh is installed....

I have tried running 1.2.24 with and without the subsequent modifications
to afdoor.c. Anything else I can try?

--Jubal

---
Jubal Kessler, Systems Administrator, interQ Incorporated
Key Fingerprint: 5D32 BEB1 8E4B B454 6B9A  FDCD 2D4C 19DD 9B47 7DC4