[syslog-ng] Switching libol away from scsh

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 20:55:13 +0200

>         Meanwhile, I'd like syslog-ng to be as free as
>         possible; that includes not needing scsh to work.

syslog-ng doesn't need scsh to work. Only those who want to make
developments on syslog-ng need scsh.

>         I recently made minor modifications to lsh to
>         make it work without scsh (Ray Dassen will be
>         integrating my changes in the lsh distribution
>         shortly; I will provide the patch by email if
>         requested), and as syslog-ng and libol share the
>         same backend, those modifications were quite easy
>         to port to libol.
>
>         What follows is a diff file that modifies libol
>         to use Guile instead of scsh. Hopefully you will
>         integrate this into your distribution. Thank You.

I have tried to incorporate your patch into make_class, but ran into the
following problem (since scheme is more or less chinese to me, I am unable
to fix this):

/home/bazsi/src/libol/utils/make_class <io.c >io.c.x
/usr/share/guile/scsh/scsh.scm:130:18: In expression (index clist #\: ...):
/usr/share/guile/scsh/scsh.scm:130:18: Wrong number of arguments to
#<procedure
string-index (s c)>

So reverting to scsh as long as this is not working.

PGP key: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt, or finger bazsi@balabit.hu