[syslog-ng] suggestion: sync in log statement

Bjorn Andersson ban@lifix.fi
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 19:17:46 +0300

I just tested syslog-ng. I think it is better than the standard
syslogd and will start using it.

I have two suggestions. I will post them in separate mails so
that the discussion can go on in their own threads. Here's the
first one:

I would like to be able to put the sync option in log statements,
instead of having a global value. This would give me the possibilty
to buffer less important messages (for example frequent debug
messages) and not buffer more critical messages (such as those with
a priority of emerg and alert).

Please send any comments to me as well as the mailinglist.

Regards,
Björn

--
Björn Andersson <bjorn@lifix.fi>