[syslog-ng] syslog-ng: destination connection broken, reopening in 60 seconds

Brian Johnson bmj@in.camfour.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:15:22 -0500

I set-up syslog-ng last week, it's bee working great, but started giving
this message every minute
src@in syslog-ng: destination connection broken, reopening in 60 seconds

I am running syslog-ng with the following command:
 supervise /var/supervise/syslog-ng /usr/sbin/syslog-ng -d 2>&1 |logger
-t syslog-ng &
I did it this way because I wanted to use the supervise utility to make
sure it stays running, and to do that I needed to keep syslog-ng from
becoming a daemon otherwise supervise will think it crashed and run it
again and so I'm using the logger command to pass any error messages
back into my logs..

in my syslog-nf.conf file all of my destinations are either files or
virtual terminals (eg: /dev/tty1) and so I don't see how the connection
to any of those could be broken?

it seems to be logging ok otherwise..
any thoughts??

btw - I'm running on Redhat 6.0
..and my thanks to the authors of the program - this is very helpfull