[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 1.1.31

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 17:58:19 +0200

Hi,

To fix the encountered build bugs in 1.1.30, I release 1.1.31. I tried to
track the memory leak someone has mentioned, but it simply doesn't leak for
me. I sent syslog-ng 100 simoultenious connections, 1000 messages each
connection, from both local programs, and from network connections. It
doesn't grow. Maybe who reported this, doesn't run the latest version?

I've also released a new version of libol, though not much is changed there.
A few error messages have been changed to be only verbose messages.

Here's the changelog:

1999-08-07  Balazs Scheidler  <bazsi@balabit.hu>

        * afuser.c: works on old utmp structures too (NetBSD)

        * configure.in: added test for modern utmp structure, bumped version
        number, changed required libol version to 0.2.3

        * utils.c: fixed a bug in getutent() implementation

        * main.c: fixed a bug in SIGTERM handling, exit message is now
	displayed

I've also updated the .deb packages, they are exact copies of what I am
using on my computer. You can find this at the usual places:

http://www.balabit.hu/products/syslog-ng

and

http://www.balabit.hu/downloads/syslog-ng

Have fun!

PS: I am going to a canoe tour next week, so I won't be able to respond to
my mail.
     url: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt