[syslog-ng] central log host

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 16:35:20 +0200

> Is it posible to set up a central log host that takes log messages from many
> machines through the same port and then sorts the messages depending on  name
> of the host that sent it.

yes, that's possible, though versions 1.0.x had a bit braindamaged filter
syntax. Current development versions (currently at 1.1.8) are better at this
part, though may not fully stable yet.

I am about to release 1.1.9, which should be a quite stable. And although
digital fingerprints are not supported yet, it has all the most important
functionality, so I may release it as 1.2.0 if it turns out to be stable.

PGP key: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt, or finger bazsi@balabit.hu