[syslog-ng] libol 0.1.1 compile problem and a suggestion

Richi Plana richip@mozcom.com
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 09:10:00 +0800 (JST)

You wrote:

|o| I have released $SUBJ, though did not announce them widely, only on
|o| this list. I worked on parsing and evaluating filter statements. The new
|o| syntax will be similar to function calls:

I tried compiling libol-0.1.1 on a RH5.2 Linux system and came up with the
ff. error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/richip/src/libol-0.1.2/src'
cd /home/richip/src/libol-0.1.2 && autoheader /usr/bin/autoheader: Symbol `HAVE_ATTRIBUTE' is not covered by /usr/lib/autoconf/acconfig.h ./acconfig.h

I am not familiar with autoconf and I'm hoping someone on the list could
tell me what to do. I did see the ff. line in the output of 'configure':

checking for __attribute__... yes

and thought it would be safe to add '#define HAVE_ATTRIBUTE 1' in
./acconfig.h . Was that bad?

|o| The only issue left is how to deal with priorities. Original
|o| syslogd accepts a message above or equal to the a specific
|o| priority (and not only the specific priority). I may add an
|o| optional parameter to priority() so that the relation could also
|o| be specified:
|o|
|o| priority(info, GE)

How about a level range specified using the '..' operator:

priority(debug..notice,err,alert..)

L L Richi Plana 8^) ,-,-. ,-,-. ,-,-. ,-,-. ,-
LL LL Systems Administrator / / \ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / /
LLLLL Mosaic Communications, Inc. \ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / /
LLLLL mailto:richip@mozcom.com `-'-' `-'-' `-'-' `-'-' ------PGP key http://www2.mozcom.com/~richip/richip.asc ----------------