[syslog-ng] syslog-ng-1.1.5

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 21:55:14 +0200

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

I have released syslog-ng 1.1.5, in which I implemented the new filtering
code. This version could even be used as a syslogd replacement, since you
can use priorities and facilities to direct log messages, though advanced
syslog-ng features are not ready yet.

Here is a sample configuration file I used to test the code:

---

source src { unix-stream /dev/log; };

destination messages { file /dev/tty9; };
destination other { file /dev/tty10; };

filter f_messages {=20
(priority(=3D info) or priority(=3D notice) or priority(=3D warn)) and=20
not facility(auth) and=20
not facility(authpriv) and=20
not facility(cron) and=20
not facility(daemon) and=20
not facility(mail) and=20
not facility(news); };

log { source src; filter f_messages; destination messages; };

log { source src; destination other; };
=20
---

I am going to announce this on freshmeat, please test this version for both
program- and build errors. Thanks.

--=20
Bazsi

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo