[syslog-ng] snapshot 1.1.2 has been released

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 21:15:41 +0200

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

Hello,

I have released version 1.1.2 of syslog-ng. It is available at
http://www.balabit.hu/downloads/syslog-ng/source. Together with the source tarball you'll need the libol package, which I have split off from the main
distribution tree.

For installation instructions see the web page
(http://www.balabit.hu/products/syslog-ng).
As several of you (and sometimes even me) has troubles using filter
statements, and I am about to reimplement them, I ask you to tell me about
your proposals on a better syntax.

I think both AND and OR connections between expressions should be allowed in
one statement, e.g:

filter f_messages { (priority info AND not facility authpriv) or facility
mail };

maybe to make syntax cleaner, I'll make functions from priority and
facility, so that the above line would become:

filter f_messages { (priority(info) and facility(authpriv) or
facility(mail); };

What do you think?

--=20
Bazsi