[syslog-ng]For loghost application

John A. Parker jap54@cornell.edu
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 09:50:47 -0400

Franco,

I am running a combination of about 50 systems (about equally mixed between
IBM AIX, and SUN) with syslogd the logger on all but the central IBM AIX
server which has syslog-ng. It does all of our syslog processing.

Let me know what you're trying to do and I'll see if I've already tackled
the work.

John

>I'm very new of this new feature syslog-ng so every advice is welcome!
>I try to configure the syslog.conf for the syslog daemon running on a
>IBM AIX platform to write messages on a loghost machine on Linux
>platform. Every attempt (following lots of advices) failed till now. So,
>if it's possible to use the syslog-ng to do this I'm going to do this
>but I would like to take a look at a simple script that shows more or
>less what should be written to obtain the result that I want.
>I'm going to take a look at the documentation but I think that could be
>very helpful to look at some previous working scripts that make a
>machine to write messages onto another machine.

---

John A. Parker        Senior Programmer/Analyst - AIX      Cornell University
jap54@cornell.edu   607-255-9356  607-255-8521 (Fax)